XFN
Please Login or Register Below.
XFN
Please Login or Register Below.
XFN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XFN

The Xtreme Fight Network, MMA, Wrestling, Boxing and More, all at your fingertips.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Worthy

Worthy

Number of posts : 4151
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments Empty
PostSubject: Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments   Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 am

Frank Mir’s mouth has him in hot water with UFC President Dana White.

In a recent interview with WXDX-FM, Mir said he wanted UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar “to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries.” The UFC has long touted its clean history of no fatalities or major injuries despite the inherent brutality of mixed martial arts.

Mir has fought Lesnar twice, handing the monstrous heavyweight his first and only defeat as a professional at UFC 81 in February 2008. Lesnar avenged the loss a little more than a year later, when he battered Mir en route to a one-sided second-round technical knockout at UFC 100.

Scheduled to face the undefeated Shane Carwin for the interim heavyweight championship at UFC 111 “St. Pierre vs. Hardy” on March 27 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Mir could soon find himself in position for a third match with Lesnar, who continues to recover from a career-threatening intestinal disorder. Mir, who also serves as a color analyst for World Extreme Cagefighting, issued a public apology on Tuesday in wake of the controversial interview.

“I would like to apologize to Brock Lesnar, his family, the UFC and the UFC fans for my stupid remarks,” he said in a statement released on UFC.com. “I respect Brock, all the other fighters and the sport of mixed martial arts. I’m sorry that I stepped out of line.”

White, meanwhile, denounced Mir’s comments.

“I was disappointed by Frank Mir’s comments,” White said. “Frank’s been with the UFC a long time; he’s a two-time heavyweight champion and a commentator for the WEC. I think his emotions are running high right now; he has a big fight coming up next month, and he’s still upset about his loss to Lesnar. He’s been talked to; he regrets what he said, and he won’t be saying anything like that again.”
Back to top Go down
uknowmejnr

uknowmejnr

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments   Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 am

As much as mir is being a dick i dont think he meant his words its just clear jealousy that Lesnar has got in and become champion so quick.
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net/forum.htm
Worthy

Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments   Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 am

Whilst I agree Jnr and I'm sure Lesnar knocking out Mir at UFC 100 didn't help either (especially as Lesnar ran upto Mir when he recovered and said "Talk s**t about me now"), Mir shouldn't be complaining as he has another chance to face Lesnar for his title again even though Lesnar has yet to defend it against anyone else.
Back to top Go down
uknowmejnr

uknowmejnr

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments   Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:59 am

thats true , i just think Mir doesnt really want him dead it was more heat of the moment or mind games
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net/forum.htm
Worthy

Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments   Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 am

Perhaps, but Mir is still a mouthy git.
Back to top Go down
Worthy

Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments   Mir Issues Apology for Lesnar ‘Death’ Comments I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 am

Lesnars response: